Monday, March 14, 2011

El Salvador: Cost Breakdown

Surprisingly El Salvador was the cheapest destination to date. We did not expect this since our first perusal of accommodations in San Salvador seemed to indicate prices of $75-95 for a triple room. However, if you were to add my two robberies into the calculations, it might prove to be less affordable.


El Salvador – 7.5 Days$30PPPD
Transportation$10$1.5
Food$103$14
Accommodations$57$8
Sights$34$5
Miscellaneous$17$2

Note: The per day cost in El Salvador without taking into account the two robberies, is the lowest of all Central American countries to date. We eventually managed to find relatively cheap accommodations. Food, unless you splurged on it, was also very inexpensive. The transportation costs, however, are not a true representation of what it would cost to get around El Salvador. I met a couple Canadians on my 3rd day in El Salvador and thanks to their generosity, managed to hitch a ride in their car for pretty much the remainder of my stay. If I were to add normal transit costs, the theft of cash and my iPhone, this would most likely prove to be the most expensive country on my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment